We are currently seeking a Part Time Office Assistant in Diamond Bar, CA.
This temporary Office Assistant is needed on a part-time basis, Tuesday through Friday, as follows:
Approximately two hours per day between the hours of 7:00 a.m. and 5:00 p.m., to perform the following tasks:
- Process daily mail
- Compile statistics of mail by alphabet
- Distribute mail to department employees
- Record scanning and storage onto specialized database
- Data entry using Microsoft Excel
- Other clerical projects, as necessary
- Reporting time is flexible, as long as it is the same time each day.
- In addition to the daily assignment, this temporary Office Assistant will also be required to assist with our bi-monthly invoice processing, which occurs over a period of two days, twice per month, around the beginning and middle of each month (always within the Tuesday-Friday work week).
- This task will require an additional 2-3 hours of work per day, beyond the normal daily tasks.
Invoice processing tasks include:
- Loading/transporting boxes of invoices (using a cart)
- Pulling selected invoices
- Scanning billing files and storing onto specialized database
Candidates should be dependable, with responsible clerical experience, and must possess the following:
- Excellent data entry and word processing skills using MS Word, Excel, Outlook.
- Strong customer service skills and ability to interact diplomatically on the phone and in person.
- Excellent attention to detail and accuracy for data entry and word processing
- Good reasoning ability -- able to quickly learn and adapt to new assignments.
- Good organizational skills -- ability to multi-task in a fast-paced office environment and follow through to ensure tasks are completed.
- Good English language reading ability, comprehension, and communication skills.
- Ability to lift 25 pounds.
Duration of Assignment:
- Approximately 6 months, which may be extended depending on the operational needs of the unit.
- Diamond Bar, at the junction of the 57 and 60 freeways --- parking is free; there is a cafeteria on-site.